Thursday, January 7, 2010

Ken Robinson says schools kill creativity | Video on TED.com OR "How I fell in love with TED: Part 2"

The fist link listed with Rives' poem was to this talk, the title of which obviously caught my attention. I'd become rather jaded about my job and our educational system in general. I had reread the chapters in Daniel Quinn's My Ishmael on education, specifically how we don't need it; at least not in the model we currently have. I had also stumbled upon a copy of Grace Llewllyn's The Teenage Liberation Handbook: How to Quit School and Get a Real Life and Education. Needless to say, this video was right up my alley for the mindset I was in.

For some, these ideas may persuade one to throw out the whole system. For me, however, they got me thinking about what kind of changes could be made.


No comments:

Post a Comment